Obtaining a top 3 ranking in the Google search results is still possible for high-value, high-converting local keywords.
You just have to use the right strategy.
I have used the following two-part SEO system to make dozens of web pages rank number 1-3 on Google for high-value, high-converting local keywords. I have seen it work over and over again if the time horizon is long enough.
Note – the rankings can take a while – anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months (or more).
Also, if your business is not a high-end local service business (e.g. cosmetic dentist, lawyer, chiropractor) then this system may not work for you.
The System – Part 1 – An Informational Web Page That Answers 8-10+ FAQ’s
- Target a single keyword e.g. “chimney sweeping dallas” plus dozens of its variations e.g. “chimney sweeping service in Dallas TX” throughout the page content
- Answer all conceivable questions people might have about their problem, your solution and your company (who, what, when, where, how, how much) on this page
- Answer as many queries as possible about the keyword and its implications
- If you answer some (or all) of their questions you may end up overcoming their objections
- Cross link to other pages on your web site
- Optimize all on-page SEO elements including: URL, title, meta description, heading tags (H1, H2, H3) and image alt text
- Include sections for: about us, your contact information and address at the bottom of the page (in addition to your actual “about us” and “contact us” pages on your site)
The System – Part 2 – Home Page Link
- A keyword link from your home page to the FAQ page e.g. “chimney sweeping dallas” – in the right sidebar or towards the bottom of the home page near the footer
That’s it… a simple two part system for SEO that (actually) works.
If you implement parts 1 and 2 above for niche local keywords (aka long tail keywords) related to a high-end local service business then you should see some good SEO results within 6 weeks to 6 months (or longer). It can sometimes happen faster if you use additional SEO tactics such as link building and content syndication, but I wouldn’t count on it.
In my experience this two-part SEO system actually works, so consider giving it a try!